Hot-smoked salmon, unlike cured, is fully cooked.
- 12 ounces cream cheese, room temperature
- ⅓ cup plain whole Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- ¼ small red onion, finely chopped, plus more for serving
- 2 tablespoons drained capers plus more for serving
- Kosher salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4 ounces hot-smoked salmon or trout
- Toasted spelt bread, dill sprigs, and lemon wedges (for serving)
Mix cream cheese, yogurt, lemon juice, ¼ onion, and 2 Tbsp. capers in a medium bowl; season with salt and pepper.
Serve caper cream cheese with salmon, bread, dill sprigs, lemon wedges, and more capers and onion.
DO AHEAD: Caper cream cheese can be made 1 day ahead. Cover and chill.