We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Smoked almonds and black olives are our suggestions for this appetizer, but use any nut or olive that you like.
- ½ bunch dill, large stems removed, divided
- 6 teaspoons coriander seeds, divided
- 6 teaspoons fennel seeds, nigella seeds, or mustard seeds, divided
- 2 Fresno chiles, thinly sliced
- 2½ cups thinly sliced vegetables (such as fennel, scallions, celery, peeled carrots, and/or peeled beets)
- 2 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon fresh lemon juice
- 2 teaspoons ground turmeric
- 8 large eggs, room temperature
- 8 ounces black Cerignola olives
Divide dill, coriander seeds, and fennel seeds evenly among six 8-oz. resealable plastic containers, jars, or small bowls. Place chiles, fennel, scallions, celery, carrots, and/or beets individually in a container, followed by a generous pinch of kosher salt. Whisk vinegar, agave, and ½ cup water in a measuring glass; pour over vegetables. Cover and chill at least 12 hours and up to 2 days.
Whisk mayonnaise, mustard, lemon juice, turmeric, and cayenne in a small bowl; season sauce with kosher salt.
Cook eggs in a large saucepan of boiling salted water 8 minutes. Transfer to a bowl of ice water; let cool. Peel eggs under running water; halve lengthwise.
Place pickled vegetables individually in small serving bowls. Place olives, almonds, and some sea salt each in a small bowl. Place eggs on a platter and serve with sauce, pickles, olives, almonds, and sea salt. Let guests assemble eggs as desired.