We are searching data for your request:
Upon completion, a link will appear to access the found materials.
Taste the ceviche after you have let it sit 20 minutes. We like our ceviche just done but you can go a few minutes under or over depending on your preference. This recipe is from Commander's Palace in New Orleans, LA. Read more about the restaurant's legendary Family Meal here.
- 1 medium shallot, very thinly sliced into rounds
- ⅓ cup (or more) fresh lime juice
- 1 tsp. crushed red pepper flakes
- 8 oz. best-quality skinless, boneless red snapper fillet, cut into ½" pieces
- 8 oz. rock shrimp, halved lengthwise, or small shrimp, peeled, deveined, cut into ½" pieces
- 1 14-oz. can hearts of palm, drained, sliced crosswise
- 6 canned piquillo peppers or roasted red peppers from a jar, finely chopped
- 1½ cups torn mixed tender herbs (such as basil and/or cilantro)
- 2 Tbsp. extra-virgin olive oil
Combine shallot, lime juice, orange juice, and red pepper flakes in a large bowl. Add red snapper and shrimp, season with salt, and toss gently to combine. Let sit, tossing occasionally, until fish firms up slightly, 20–25 minutes.
Add avocados, mango, hearts of palm, piquillo peppers, herbs, and oil to ceviche and toss to coat. Taste and season with more salt and/or lime juice if desired.